No one is left behind at the YMCA. We want all interested families to benefit from the enriching experience of Y membership. We offer financial assistance to those families who might not otherwise be able to afford this opportunity. Our goal is to introduce kids and teens to experiences that help them grow into responsible and successful adults.
EVERYONE IS WELCOME
The YMCA is a vital center to the communities it serves because we make it possible for everyone to join or participate. Programs, services, and facilities are available regardless of a family or individual’s ability to pay the standard membership and program fees. We do not want you or your family to be excluded from the benefits that the YMCA has to offer.
How To Apply
Applying for financial assistance is completely confidential. Here are the steps for your application:
- Your application will be reviewed by a YMCA director at your local location.
- Scholarships are based on an applicant’s income and are limited by the space available at the time of application.
- Please allow a minimum of one week for processing the application
Items you will need to include:
- Your last 1040 tax form (or form 4506T)
- Your last two pay stubs or an income statement
- Social Security/Disability and other sources of additional family income
If you do not have a copy of your tax return or you did not file taxes in the past two years, you may obtain a copy of your tax return or verification of non-filing status from the Internal Revenue Service at 1-800-829-1040. The 4506T transcript or verification request can also be found at www.irs.gov. Once you have received a copy of your taxes or the verification of your non-filing status, please submit it along with your other documentation.
A YMCA director will determine financial assistance eligibility after thoroughly reviewing your application. After filling out your application, a YMCA director will contact you with how much your payments will be.